Monday 25 November 2019

Filming process for music video

My personal journey for this whole project has been pretty good so far. Despite only being halfway completed, I feel like a lot has been done. Everything has been a fairly simple task. Like helping choose the song. I originally wanted to do the  Phineas and Ferb theme song but, ultimately agreed on “Walking On Sunshine”. I agreed because, like the theme song, there was a similar happy tone. After that the location for filming was chosen, which was Hagen Park. I agreed to film at Hagen due to its close proximity to the school. It’s proximity made it easier to fit filming in my after school schedule. All that was left was to start shooting the music video.

We arriving at the park I had to quickly change into the clothes I was going to wear in the video. But that’s was delayed due to a malfunction in the wardrobe. I was still able to fix it keeping in mind the limited time we had. When we first started, I had to sit on the bench and wait for Carla to come show us the song. After that, I had to grab her and Nagual’s hand so the choreography could start. Originally, I was messing up on the dance because I was going to fast. I eventually slowed down my pace and we were able to get a few good shots. The choice on shooting dates were really though. It was sunny and a late afternoon so, the camera captured everyone very nicely. This project wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, filming was actually very fun.

As we started to finish up filming, time was the main problem. Due to the park being right by the school I had walk there and back. The after school bus was my only form transportation home that day. I had left the park at 4:43 and the bus usually leaves at 5. But nevertheless, I managed to make it on my bus in time. Today in class, we were going over and importing all the footage that was on the camera and on Carlas phone. There was footage on her phone because, in the middle of filming the camera died. The clips came out really good and I surprisingly didn’t break the fourth wall. The is something I often unconsciously do when filming. Tomorrow at the pier of Fort Lauderdale beach, will be our last day of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. In film, audience consump...