Friday 17 January 2020

Start of Final Task

Hello, my name is Safia and I am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High. Every since starting the class I have been into film making recently. Along with that I like photography and drawing. Aside from making film, I like to watch them an TV shows. My favorite TV show is Game of Thrones while my favorite movie is Call Me By Your Name. I am very excited to start this new project because I feel like it is different. But I feel like this one is going to required a lot much more effort. Especially when it comes to editing things like the credits. Which should be no problem because, I've also taken a recent liking to editing aswell.

I've learned many things in this class like the different camera angles, shots, and movement. The certain types of sounds that are used in films and their purpose. How to edit a take and use the given editing software, Pinnacle studios. Which that, I was also taught the five phases of film making. Lastly, I learned the meaning of mis en scene, and what C.L.A.M.P.S stood for. One talent that I learned in this class that I am excited to use is the use of camera angles. The reason I am excited to use this talent is because I've gotten really good at knowing what I'm trying to convey with each angle. Also, with the new project that is coming, I think it best if get even better. This would definitely, help me in keeping the camera stable during takes.

A pitch is a Hollywood term that is used to describe an idea for film or TV- series. These explanation are often encapsulated within 25 words. The lack of words are because when giving a pitch your are on limited time. Also, the chance of you giving for pitch is often by coincidence. For the project, I had three original pitches. One pitch could be it shows the kidnapper on his way to kidnap someone. But, in the middle of while that is happening, the camera shows a split screen of the two subjects routine. Secondly, another pitch is girl goes missing after looking for her boyfriend, but at the end of the given time, it shows her finding him and screaming. Lastly, the third pitch I had was girl eventually finds out why her boyfriends has been avoiding her but it's not what she thinks. Overall, all my pitch idea were somewhere in the horror or thriller genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. In film, audience consump...