Friday 17 April 2020

Nike Commercial blog

The commercial was the very first project we were assigned. At first I thought that it was going to be really hard seeing as I had no previous background in anything we were doing. Whether it was video editing and camera work. The first thing I did was, change into my clothes that were for the Nike commercial. These clothes consisted of the Nike logo, in order show what we’re selling. The Nike product I was originally had was multicolored Nike slides. So, I had to wear Carla's yellow Nike active running top. The reason I had to change was because, I needed to be wearing a least one Nike product above my waist. This was because, majority of the shots I was in, my waist and up was in the camera. Our setting was at the school on the track.

We choose the track because Nike is a sport company. An in your commercial you want sport elements. The shots I was in was over the shoulder and the two-person shot of the football being thrown. After that, I ended up recording my voice saying the words "made the move" for the voice over. During the editing process, one of the main things we have to work on was, getting the commercial up to 25 or 30 seconds. In the beginning, it was kind of hard to do that due to the short duration of each clip. So, we had to work on extending each clip so it could fit into the required timestamp. So in an efforts to extended the video we ended up derailing off the original storyboard ideas. The biggest problem while editing was editing software that we were given to use. It was very slow and constantly kept kicking us off. But we eventually found a way around the slowness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. In film, audience consump...