Saturday 26 October 2019

Filming blog

This blog will mainly be about what I did during the filming process. The first thing I did was, change into my clothes that were for the Nike commercial. These clothes consisted of the Nike logo, in order show what we’re selling. I had on multicolored Nike slides ( sandals) and a highlighter yellow nike active wear top. I had to make sure I atleast had a Nike product that was above my waist. The reason for that was, the scenes I did, it mainly focused on me above the waist. For example, the over the shoulder and the two-person shot of the football being thrown. For the over the shoulder shot, I stood on one side of the grass while the camera was by my group member’s shoulder. We had to take like only 2 takes because, the shot itself was not that hard to do. That is just a part of what I did during the filming process.

Another thing during the filming process was voiceover. I did this yesterday in the hall because, it was quiet enough for the camera to hear. I had to go up to the camera and put my mouth close to the lens in order for it the clearly capture what I was saying. I said two sets of words that pertained to the Nike brand and their current slogan. The first slogan I said was, “made to move”. The second set of words I said was Nike current slogan, “Nike, Just Do It”. When doing the voiceover it had it wait about 2 seconds to get her work ready. The reason for that was because, since Nike is a sports brand the voice has to sound empowering or motivational. The duration of filming those take took around a minute. It was a fairly simple task.

Lastly, the other that I was in that was taken was a two shot. This take was similar to over shoulder because it was the same action  just a different shot. The only difference was that it showed two people. In the take I was the catching the football instead throwing it. This was to show them catching the ball I threw in over shoulder, then throwing it back in the two-shot. We had to about 5 takes due to where I was and how the captured it. I ended moving to the side of the bleachers. In one the better takes of me catching the football, I ended up breaking the fourth wall because I didn’t know it started. That meant I had directly looked  at the camera before catching. Overall, the filming process went very smoothly, whether was the voiceover or tossing the football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. In film, audience consump...