Monday 24 February 2020

Editing blog

This blog was originally supposed to be a filming blog but we already started shooting. So it made more sense if this was on editing. Like I had stated before, I was unable to attend the first filming session. Due, to me being unable to attend, I had decided to look for royalty free background music that could be used. So, far I found three songs that everyone was in favor of, and three was all we really needed. What is so significant about each songs is that they all convey different feelings of horror. This meaning that some where very silent, which allowed tension build up. While others were very direct in showcasing the urgency of this situation. I had went to other websites in order to find music but none of them really fit what I was looking for. Which was, a vast range of music all link to the horror genre but all give off a different feeling.

Eventually I stuck to the website I was originally on. Finding royalty free music on the Fesliyan Studios was much easier than any other one for a number of reasons. All I had to do was when I got there just click on the genre I was looking for and scrolled through the list that was provided. On top of that they also gave sub genres to horror to make my search more thorough. Those sub genres were categorized into words like, dark, mysterious, eerie, and even classical. The three songs I initially had in mind were “monster in the field, anxiety, and fight or flight”. The problem with these songs was that even though it have an ominous feeling the tempo was too sped up or loud. At first I thought that’s what makes a scene scarier. But, when thinking back to other horror movies, the scariest scenes had a more low pitched slower tempo. So I instead went with, “Evil rising, dark fog, and It is coming”.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. In film, audience consump...