Thursday 5 March 2020

Peer review blog

The group we were peer reviewing consisted of two members. But, on the list they were listed as group 14. Originally I was confused on who we were peer revng because I found myself constantly mixing up the sheets from different classes. After, I realized whose video I be peer reviewing I went to go get a laptop to watch it on. Before I could watch it, I had to wait for them to email it to Carla. Once the video played, I immediately noticed the establishing shot at the beginning. The shot was just a tree but was significant because of the lighting that was used. There total duration for the film was 39 sec. But I saw this time to be normal due to the lack of time to film. What I liked about this was the lighting for the first few scenes.

As you the film immediately starts, you grasp the concept that it’s genre is action. I could immediately tell this because it had the same setup as a regular spy movie. For example the non-diegetic sound that was used is something you’d hear in James Bond, which is another action movie. Also, another thing in the peer review that I liked was the irony in the different non-diegetic sound. Like in the beginning it was calm music but towards the end there was a more upbeat and faster tempo song. To along with this, was when the screen went all black after running in to room and closing the door. Then, showing short clips like her putting on eyeliner. This is all used to build anticipation. One thing I didn’t really like was how they bright light for the “monitor’s” scene. The monitor is supposed to ominous, show it’d be better to use darker lighting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. In film, audience consump...